You can choose from St. Simons Island’s only skate park located in Demere Park or its sister park in Brunswick at the North Glynn Recreation Complex. Each park has a different design and features to be rewarding for younger skaters and challenge intermediate and advanced skaters. Both parks include plaza elements such as stairs, ramps, rails, and ledges in addition to half pipes and bowl sections.
Park hours are from 8:00am to 6:00pm (8:00am to 8:00pm during Daylight Saving Time). Only skateboards and in-line skates are allowed in the parks. All participants must follow the posted park rules.
For more information click here.
1. Skate park is unsupervised. Glynn County is not responsible for accidents. Skate at your own risk.
2. Only skateboards and in-line skates are allowed.
3. Helmets with chin straps and elbow/knee pads are required for all participants.
4. Refrain from skating when wet.
5. In case of emergency, dial 911. Report any discovered safety hazards to Glynn County Recreation Department at 912-554-7780.
6. Skating against traffic flow is dangerous and can cause serious injury. Be respectful of other skaters.
7. Keep your language in check! Abusive language or behavior is not allowed.
8. Smoking, alcohol, drugs, food, and drinks are not allowed.
9. Earphones, headsets, or amplified music are not allowed.
10. Pedestrians, bicycles, scooters, motorized vehicles, additional obstacles, and pets are not allowed.
11. Skating is permitted during skate park hours only. No loitering after the facility is closed.
MISBEHAVIOR AND RULE VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE PARK.