Beachview House, featuring 3 bedrooms and 4 baths, was built in 1892 on Cumberland Island as three cottages. In 1923, it was floated down the Atlantic and reassembled in its present location as one cottage on St. Simons Island. Back then it was called the Gramling Cottage, after the family that had it in the 1920's. By the time it was started to be restored, it was so overgrown, that many folks didn't even know there was a cottage on the property. It is blessed with a fabulous location - being able to see the water and yet being so close to town, in the middle of everything. The house retains much of its historic charm: Original hardwood flooring, great beadboard walls, even the original claw foot tub! It is furnished with many comfortable antiques and high quality upholstery, but it is designed to be a place to put your feet up and relax to the pace of life that is St. Simons Island.
- Air conditioning
Need Directions? Google Maps