Bloody Marsh Battle Site
At the Bloody Marsh Battle Site on July 7th, 1742, an outnumbered force of British troops ambushed and defeated Spanish troops, halting a planned attack on Fort Frederica. Markers and information panels at this outdoor observation site explain the battle, which once and for all ended Spain's claims to the Georgia territory.
The Bloody Marsh Unit is located on St. Simons Island, off of Demere Road. It is open 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, 7 days a week, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
This site is managed by the National Park Service as part of Fort Frederica National Monument.
Address & Contact Details
Need Directions? Google Maps