Golden Isles

Use the following navigation to visit the main site sections

Historic Stained Glass

loading photos

Gorgeous works of stained glass, in themes both sacred and historic, can be found throughout the Golden Isles.

Examples include:

King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
St. Simons Island
Historic island sites are depicted in arched pictorial windows, created in 1940, in the ocean side Delegal Room of the Resort.

Faith Chapel
Historic District, Jekyll Island
This small church, built in 1904, has two inspiring stained glass windows. Most notable is the window bearing the signature of Louis Tiffany.

Lovely Lane Chapel
Epworth by the Sea, St. Simons Island
This quaint chapel was built in 1880 by Anson Dodge. In the early 1900s, the windows were removed and stored at Christ Church while the structure was used for non-religious purposes. They were re-installed in the 1940s.

Christ Church, Frederica
St. Simons Island
Built in 1884 by the Dodge family, this historic church possesses numerous stained glass windows of great beauty. The oldest, Confession of St. Peter, was created by Mayer & Company of Munich, Germany in 1899. One window is attributed to Louis Tiffany.

St. Paul's AME Church
Historic Brunswick
Brunswick's oldest black church has a handsome example of stained glass believed to have been commissioned by its members in 1922.

Other examples may be viewed at the following locations:

  • The Cloister Hotel's Spanish Lounge, Sea Island
  • The Jekyll Island Club Hotel, Jekyll Island
  • St. Mark's Episcopal Church (including one Tiffany window), Brunswick
  • St. Athanasius Episcopal Church, Brunswick
  • Beth Tefilloh Synagogue, Brunswick
  • First United Methodist Church, Brunswick

[Photograph of Faith Chapel - stained glass provided by Jekyll Island Museum, Jekyll Island, Georgia]