The mission of the Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority is to “Promote economic prosperity for Brunswick and the Golden Isles by assisting expansion of existing industries and securing new diversified industries to locate here creating job opportunities and capital investments."
As previously stated, the purpose of the Development Authority is to promote new industry and existing industry expansion. In order to fulfill this responsibility, we engage in various economic development activities that include but are not limited to:
- Conducting an aggressive marketing campaign for industrial and commercial prospects.
- Developing industrial parks and freestanding industrial sites for use by expanding and new businesses.
- Maintaining legislative liaison with local, state, and national legislative delegations.
The Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority works to package appropriate incentives to recruit new industry including the following:
- Issuing bonds to finance loans for industrial development.
- Offering tax exemptions for unfinished goods that move through the Port of Brunswick. Working with the State Department of Economic Development to package local and state incentives together - with the state providing tax incentives for new or existing industries that generate job growth.
1505 Richmond Street, 2nd Floor
Brunswick, GA 31520