*Update - This contest has ended as of 4/30/2016. Please check here for current contests.*
We are pleased to announce our newest contest, the Taste of the Golden Isles Getaway! Immerse yourself in the culture of the Golden Isles as you celebrate our culinary traditions and our beautiful stretch of the Georgia coast. One lucky grand prize winner will receive two VIP passes to the 2016 Saint Simons Food & Spirits Festival and a four-night stay for two at Village Inn & Pub.
Additional prizes include a kayak tour for two with Southeast Adventure Outfitters, two passes to the St. Simons Lighthouse Museum and Maritime Center, two passes to Colonial Island Trolley Tours, two passes to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, two passes to the Jekyll Island Historic District tram tour, and Golden Isles logo gear.
Now in its fourth year, the Saint Simons Food & Spirits Festival highlights the very best of Coastal Georgia cuisine with an emphasis on locally caught, grown or raised ingredients. Eat your way through the Golden Isles as you sample and savor the flavors of the South.
Festival events include:
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- First Bite Kick-Off Reception: Hosted by Halyards Restaurant, this is an exclusive event for VIPs and special guests to meet and mingle while kicking off the Festival in style. Host Chef Dave Snyder and guest chefs will serve up nibbles and noshes, while craft cocktails and wines will be flowing from the bar.
- Southern Soul Barbeque & Beer Pairing: Hosted by Southern Soul, where owners and BBQ extraordinaires Harrison Sapp and Griffin Bufkin let their culinary art of BBQ shine while pairing unique dishes with local craft brews.
Thursday, October 6, 2016
- BBQ Pro-Am: Hosted by Sea Island, enjoy watching legendary pitmasters and professional golfers go head-to-head while delighting in live music, unique libations and a friendly competition on private Rainbow Island. Join the Sea Island BBQ team, and Harrison and Griffin from Southern Soul as they host fellow celebrated pitmaster pros for a smokin’ hot evening of sights, sounds and tastes to tantalize every sense. PGA TOUR golfers become the amateurs as they compete with the celebrity pitmasters to see if they have what it takes to make the cut!
Friday, October 7, 2016
- Sip, Taste and Tour Pier Crawl: The historic Pier Village plays host to a night of drinks, nibbles, specials, music and sweets as you discover all of the wonderful shops and restaurants in the hub of St. Simons Island. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along Mallery Street while stopping to take in the local cuisine, libations and deals at some of the locals’ favorite hangouts.
Saturday, October 8, 2016
- The Grand Oaks Tasting Tour at Gascoigne Bluff: An entire day of fun celebrating the bounty of the Golden Isles. Includes the Artisan & Farmers Market, the Local Flavors Tasting Tent, the Mixology Tent, a Kids’ Zone and activities, book signings and live music. Celebrate the local artistry found in the Golden Isles at the Artisan & Farmers Market under a beautiful canopy of live oaks and Spanish moss. Walk through historic Gascoigne Bluff, overlooking the breathtaking marshes of Glynn, while discovering juried arts, crafts, a farmer stand and artisan-produced culinary items. In the Local Flavors Tasting Tent, you can treat yourself to an afternoon of Southern delicacies served up by St. Simons’ famed restaurants. Partake in food tasting and samplings from over 15 restaurants. Mixologists will be serving delightful drinks as you tipple your way through bitters, tonics, shrubs and, of course, spirits in The Mixology Tent.
- Oyster Fest: Hosted by Coastal Kitchen, get ready for an evening filled with an array of oysters, an all-star lineup of local musicians and titillating libations with a majestic view of the Golden Isles Marina.
Relax at the Village Inn & Pub, a renovated 1930s beach cottage. Nestled under centuries-old live oak trees and tucked between parks and the historic St. Simons Pier Village, the Village Inn & Pub boasts immaculate rooms, a sparkling pool and an English-style pub. Mingle with locals and visitors in the cottage’s living room and admire the original stone fireplace and antiques. Enjoy a peaceful and quiet haven just steps from the popular Pier Village.
Spend your days soaking up the sights and sounds of the Golden Isles by kayak, trolley or tram. Climb the 129 steps to the top of the St. Simons Lighthouse, learn about our naval history at the Maritime Center and visit the recuperating patients at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Our winner and their special guest will be adventurers by day and epicurean explorers by night.
No purchase necessary, and no payment of money is required as a condition of participation. To be eligible, an entrant must be 21 years of age or older and reside in the U.S. or its territories. One entry per person. Entrants will receive one additional entry for each friend they refer to the contest.
Click here to read the official contest rules.