Gorgeous works of stained glass, in themes both sacred and historic, can be found throughout the Golden Isles.
King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort, St. Simons Island
Historic island sites are depicted in arched pictorial windows, created in 1940, in the ocean side Delegal Room of the Resort.
Faith Chapel, Historic District, Jekyll Island
This small church, built in 1904, has two inspiring stained glass windows. Most notable is the window bearing the signature of Louis Tiffany.
Lovely Lane Chapel, Epworth by the Sea, St. Simons Island
This quaint chapel was built in 1880 by Anson Dodge. In the early 1900s, the windows were removed and stored at Christ Church while the structure was used for non-religious purposes. They were re-installed in the 1940s.
Christ Church, Frederica, St. Simons Island
Built in 1884 by the Dodge family, this historic church possesses numerous stained glass windows of great beauty. The oldest, Confession of St. Peter, was created by Mayer & Company of Munich, Germany in 1899. One window is attributed to Louis Tiffany.
St. Paul's AME Church, Historic Brunswick
Brunswick's oldest black church has a handsome example of stained glass believed to have been commissioned by its members in 1922.
Other examples may be viewed at the following locations:
The Cloister Hotel's Spanish Lounge, Sea Island
The Jekyll Island Club Hotel, Jekyll Island
St. Mark's Episcopal Church (including one Tiffany window), Brunswick
St. Athanasius Episcopal Church, Brunswick
Beth Tefilloh Synagogue, Brunswick
First United Methodist Church, Brunswick
For a complete list of places of worship found in the Golden Isles, please click here.