Green Leaf Program
What is the Green Leaf?
The Golden Isles Convention and Visitors Bureau has created the Green Leaf business program to highlight those businesses in the Golden Isles that are taking steps towards more sustainable and greener business practices. We recognize these businesses on our website by a green leaf icon. When you see the Green Leaf next to a business or attraction, know that the participating business has made a pledge to becoming more eco-friendly and you will be doing your part by patronizing their business.
Businesses with the Green Leaf Icon recycle the following items:
- Tin and aluminum cans, plastic/containers, newspaper, cardboard, packing boxes, junk mail, magazines, office and copy paper.
- All glass and polystyrene.
- Recycling must also be made available to the public where trash receptacles are present and where appropriate (hotel rooms, common space, outdoor areas, function halls and events, dining areas).
- Disposable products must be biodegradable or recycled onsite.
[Recycle poster provided by Jekyll Island Authority]
Below is a list of participating businesses that have pledged to be eco-friendly:
Kids Camps & Programs
- 4-H Tidelands Nature Center
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center
Gifts & Souvenirs
Hotels & Motels
Camping & RVs
- Jekyll Island Fun Tours
- Kingfisher Paddleventures
- Blue Dolphin Tours
- Coastal Expeditions
- Georgia Beach Walk
- Lady Jane Shrimpin' Excursions
Clothing & Apparel
- SouthEast Adventure Outfitters - Brunswick
- SouthEast Adventure Outfitters - St. Simons Island
- Ocean Motion Surf Co. - Mallery St.