Last updated on June 27, 2022, at 4:24 p.m.
The health and safety of our guests and community is the top priority for the Golden Isles Convention & Visitors Bureau. If you are planning a trip to the Golden Isles, we hope to provide you with the most current and up-to-date information available.
Traveling to the Golden Isles
Most of all our resorts, hotels, attractions, activities, and restaurants are open at this time. We encourage you to check-in at your local business or see our directory at the bottom of this page for business updates.
If you have existing reservations in the area, we recommend contacting individual properties should you have specific questions about a hotel, resort, or vacation rental.
Beach, Pier & Park Updates
Beaches and Piers are open.
For more information, please read the latest guidelines.
All parks, walking trails, dog parks, marinas, and campgrounds are open.
The calendar of events is updated regularly with information for scheduled events. Please check event websites or contact the organizations hosting events you are interested in to confirm event details or for any questions regarding potential cancellations.
Restaurant, Business & Attractions Updates
Golden Isles Welcome Centers
Our St. Simons Island and I-95 Welcome Centers are open and welcoming visitors seven days a week. In accordance with CDC recommendations, we have taken precautions to allow for social distancing. . Please call us at 912-638-9014 during standard business hours so that we may best serve you.
Whether you are a first time visitor or you've been traveling to the Golden Isles your entire life, each of you has become an extension of our Golden Isles family. And just like our own families, we want to make sure each of you stays safe and healthy. As you begin to plan your next trip, we kindly ask that you treat our community as part of your family. Please do your part to take care of yourselves and take care of our community so we can continue to welcome you for months and years to come.
Here are a few suggested guidelines and precautionary steps to follow when you return to the Golden Isles:
- Please, do not travel if you are sick. People who feel sick or who fall into an at-risk category should stay home. Follow the advice from your medical provider prior to traveling.
- Wash your hands often. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer. Especially after visiting public places or touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Continue to keep six feet from others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use the inside of your elbow to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Throw away used tissues and immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently used items and surfaces.
We've gathered a few resources for quick and easy access.
Current COVID-19 Status in the Local Area.
COVID-19. More information can be found here.
The State of Georgia has established a COVID-19 hotline. If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor or an urgent care clinic. Please do not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility. Hotline: 844-442-2681.