Things to Do in Brunswick, GA
Visit Brunswick, GA, the Golden Isles' mainland port city for the perfect combination of history, inspired cuisine, and Southern hospitality. Brunswick is known throughout the Golden Isles for its historic squares, unique downtown consisting of shops and restaurants, and beautiful marina-front park that hosts great events you won't want to miss on your next getaway to the Golden Isles. Brunswick is also known for its beautiful views of the Sidney Lanier Bridge, and stunning views of the sunset from the Brunswick landing marina.
Not only can you try your hand at shrimpin' on the Lady Jane, but you can also fish in Brunswick with a selection of local charters. Take a visit to the Historic Ritz Theatre to experience year-round live performances, films, exhibits, educational programs and more. Or, take part in a unique dinner cruise experience on the Emerald Princess II casino cruise ship sailing seven days a week.
Looking to discover Brunswick on wheels? Tour the most beautiful historic sites by bike on a Brunswick Old Town Tour, or take part in a self-guided walking tour. When you work up an appetite, stop into Tipsy McSway's for a fresh and delicious menu the whole family will enjoy, or take a visit to Tortuga Jacks, a favorite for many that serves mouthwatering Mexican cuisine to the Golden Isles. Enjoy a rum tasting and tour at Richland Rum, or stop into Silver Bluff Brewing, a brewery, beer garden, and taproom to taste the Golden Isles IPA, the official beer of the Golden Isles.
Brunswick is also home to many family-friendly activities. Pinball Palace is one of the largest arcades in the southeast with over 120 pinball machines and classic arcade games, making it the perfect one stop family fun center! There is also a huge bounce house play room for smaller children.
Discover more with our Guide to Historic Downtown Brunswick on your next trip.
Festivals and Events in Brunswick, GA
Brunswick is home to many well-known and locally loved annual events. Mary Ross Waterfront Park plays host to a variety of festivals and happenings throughout the year. Some of the annual events that take place in Brunswick include the Brunswick Rockin’ Stewbilee, PorchFest, and Mayfair. Find the most up-to-date festival and event listings in Brunswick, Georgia on the Golden Isles events calendar.
Explore things to do from the video above:
Brunswick Fun Facts
- Many of Historic Downtown Brunswick's streets still bear their original colonial names.
- Every year, Brunswick hosts the Mayfair Festival, an event during which a beautiful parade of shrimp boats float past the Sidney Lanier Bridge alongside family-friendly fun!
- The Historic Ritz Theatre was originally built in 1898 as the Grand Opera House.
- The Brunswick Actors Theatre showcases local and regional artists, writers, and actors in an intimate theatre, right in the heart of downtown.
- Historic Downtown Brunswick is home to Lovers' Oak, an ancient live oak tree with a storied history. It's estimated to be over 900 years old!