- The Perfect Georgia Coast Road Trip
- A Budget-Friendly Family Escape
- Top Things to Do in the Spring
- St. Simons Tree Spirit Treasure Hunt
- A Perfect Day: What to Do on St. Simons Island
- 5 Sites to Experience Eugenia Price's Golden Isles
- Beach Vacation: A Weekend Itinerary
- A Nature-Lover's Itinerary: Jekyll Island Activities
- A Luxury Three-Day Weekend in the Golden Isles
- Explore Nature in the Golden Isles
- A Weekend of Golden Isles History
- Spend a Relaxing Weekend on Sea Island
- Major Holiday Trip Ideas
Southeast Georgia Health System Bridge Run
This Event Happens: February 15, 2020
The Southeast Georgia Health System Bridge Run across the scenic Sidney Lanier Bridge in Brunswick, Georgia, has become a signature event for the Health System and the Golden Isles. Unique among bridge runs, the event takes place entirely on the 7,780-foot Sidney Lanier Bridge. At its center, the bridge measures 480 feet high above the Brunswick River, the tallest span in the state.
Certified by the U.S. Track and Field Association as "the toughest 5K in Georgia," each year participants start on the southbound side of the bridge, go over, and return back, crossing the bridge twice. The event is not for the timid, and should only be attempted by those who have properly trained.
The Bridge Run also includes a fun walk after the race is over, followed by a family-friendly festival featuring community vendors, food and drink, entertainment and children's activities. Proceeds benefit the Health System’s cancer and cardiac care programs.
Learn more about the Bridge Run.