This event happens: March 9, 2019
Since 2003, Jekyll Island has hosted the Turtle Crawl, a set of races benefiting the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Returning for 2019, a 10K race will accompany the 5K run, providing race fun for the whole family. All races are timed, and take place on certified courses.
From elite, world-class athletes to running novices, the Turtle Crawl races offer something for every athlete at every skill level. With four races to choose from, Turtle Crawl Festival, and a unique island getaway, Turtle Crawl Weekend on Jekyll is a not to be missed “race-cation” for all families.
Turtle Crawl was created in 2003 as a fundraiser for the Georgia Sea Turtle Center(GSTC). Since that time, the event and its participants have raised more than $100,000 to help save sea turtles. In just 11 years of operation, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center has provided care for more than 3,000 patients, including a variety of sea turtle species and other coastal wildlife. GSTC has also provided environmental education for more than 1,200 groups, and last year welcomed more than 109,000 guests in the Center from near and far.
What's new for the 2019 event:
- Turtle Crawl sprint and international triathlons have been eliminated
- 5k and 10k races will remain
- New one-mile fun run/walk on the beach
- New date: March 9, 2019
- Registration prices remain the same, including a donation to the Georgia Sea Turtle + daily admission to the Center
- Ghost Crawler option has been added to allow people who can’t participate in the event to support GSTC and receive a race shirt
Learn more about Turtle Crawl.