Jekyll Island Shrimp & Grits Festival
This Event Happens: November 3-4, 2023
A coastal favorite, the Jekyll Island Shrimp and Grits Festival combines the classic southern dish with family-friendly entertainment, artists market, live music, kids’ zone, food, a craft brew fest, and more. The island comes alive during this fun-filled weekend, so mark your calendars for this award-winning three-day event held in the Historic District of Jekyll Island, Georgia.
Admission to the Jekyll Island Shrimp & Grits Festival is free. However, during this event the Jekyll Island Parking fee will increase to an additional $4 per daily/weekly pass; annual passes are not impacted. For more information on the fee increase, visit Jekyll Island's Park Entry & Parking Passes.
Traffic, Fireworks & Parking Advisory
Beginning Friday, November 4, 2022, through Sunday, November 6, 2022, the following will be closed:
Roads (11/4 at 2 p.m. until 11/6 at 5:30 p.m.)
- Riverview Drive: From Ben Fortson Parkway through the Historic District
- Riverview Drive: From the Jekyll Island Airport through the Historic District
- Stable Road
- Shell Road (Restricted to designated parking permit)
- Captain Wylly: Restricted to government-issued Disabled Persons Parking Placards or designated parking permit
- Georgia Sea Turtle Center & JIA Administrative Lot (government-issued Disabled Persons Parking Placards or license plate and matching driver's license required for entry)
- Historic Wharf & Overflow Lot (festival use only)
- Jekyll Island Club Resort (designated parking permit required)
- Mosaic, Jekyll Island Museum (festival use only)
- Morgan Center (festival use only)
- Old Infirmary (designated parking permit required)
- Villa Ospo (closed to the public)
Golf Cart/Electric Vehicles Parking
All golf carts, electric vehicles, and other off-road vehicles must have a designated parking permit to park in a restricted parking lot. Villa Ospo parking lot and lawn will be closed to the public for emergency services command and medivac landing. Those without a designated parking permit must park in the festival's designated general parking lot at the Jekyll Island Airport. Unless otherwise designated with a hangtag, golf carts and electric vehicles will not be permitted within the festival.
Traffic will be heavy entering and exiting Jekyll Island from Friday, November 4, through Sunday, November 6. Employees and business owners should plan accordingly when heading to the island.
Vehicles entering the island will be routed from Ben Fortson Parkway through the roundabout at Beach Village onto North Beachview Drive, continuing south onto Riverview Drive to the Jekyll Island Airport for general festival parking. Shuttles will transport guests to and from the festival.
Traffic exiting the island will be routed north of Riverview Drive, continuing on to North Beachview Drive, out to the roundabout, onto Ben Fortson Parkway, and back onto the Downing Musgrove Causeway. No traffic will be routed through residential areas.
Fireworks Friday, November 4
Please be advised, beginning at 7:18 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2022, a fireworks display will take place for approximately ten minutes near the island's Historic District in celebration of the festival's 15th anniversary.
All owners of domestic pets in the area are reminded that animals might become distressed by fireworks.
Learn more about the Jekyll Island Shrimp & Grits Festival. To become a vendor for this festival or for more information, please contact the Jekyll Island Authority.